GameThread Game #5: Blue Jays at Nats

New, 538 comments
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Washington Nationals
Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (27) celebrates by squirting hand sanitizer into teammates hands after the final out of their game against the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park.
Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

Somehow, there is baseball today, and tomorrow will be a very exciting day for us all as Nate Pearson is set to make his (long awaited) major league debut.

Also, this:

Here are tonight’s lineups. Bichette and Grichuk are both still out, Vlad gets a DH day, and Espinal will get a start at shortstop. Biggio will start in right field.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS NATIONALS
Teoscar Hernandez - CF Trea Turner - SS
Cavan Biggio - RF Adam Eaton - RF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Howie Kendrick - 1B
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Asdrubal Cabrera - 3B
Rowdy Tellez - 1B Eric Thames - DH
Brandon Drury - 3B Starlin Castro - 2B
Joe Panik - 2B Victor Robles - CF
Santiago Espinal - SS Yan Gomes - C
Reese McGuire - C Emilio Bonifacio - LF
Tanner Roark - RHP Austin Voth - RHP

Poll

Will Teoscar hit another tehomer tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 62%
    Heck yes
    (49 votes)
  • 37%
    Sadly no
    (30 votes)
79 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Vladdy have better results tonight as a DH?

This poll is closed

  • 77%
    Yep!
    (66 votes)
  • 22%
    Sadly no
    (19 votes)
85 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Romano, Dolis or Bass pitch tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 64%
    Seems inevitable
    (48 votes)
  • 35%
    Nah, gonna use someone else
    (26 votes)
74 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.