Jays/Phillies Friday game cancelled, double-header Saturday

New, 36 comments
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Washington Nationals Brad Mills-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays and Phillies game on Friday has been canceled, instead they are having a double-header on Saturday.

I’m all for putting off our Jays going into that clubhouse for as long as possible. I get that Covid transmits through the air and they have cleaned the clubhouse ‘50-ways’ (unfortunately I’m thinking some of those ways are ‘slipping out the back, Jack. Make a new plan Stan’).

I’m not thrilled with the Jays being on the field with guys exposed to the virus just a few days ago.

Added:

There is some good news. MLB says no team has had a positive test result since last Friday other than the Marlins players.

On the less than good news, the Phillies have been told that, if they were to have positive tests, they will come Thursday to Saturday. How would you like to have that hanging over your head?