GameThread Game #6: Nate Pearson Debut Thread

New, 1093 comments
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays-Workouts Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

This is likely all of us today. Thanks Blue Jays for giving us something to be excited about:

Hyun-Jin Ryu is also on the Nate Pearson hype train:

When I drove to the Arizona Fall League at the end of 2018, I was on track to see Pearson start. But the Fall Stars game rearranged his schedule and I sadly ended up missing him by one day. Thankfully, I was able to watch him pitch this past March in Bradenton before everything shut down.

This is a happy day we have long been waiting for.

Here’s some details on what the Blue Jays being the home team in a visiting ballpark looks like:

Here are today’s lineups. Teoscar stays in the lead off spot, Espinal gets another start at short and Vlad will resume his first base duties.

Today's Lineups

NATIONALS BLUE JAYS
Trea Turner - SS Teoscar Hernandez - CF
Adam Eaton - RF Cavan Biggio - 2B
Asdrubal Cabrera - DH Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Eric Thames - 1B Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
Kurt Suzuki - C Rowdy Tellez - DH
Starlin Castro - 2B Danny Jansen - C
Carter Kieboom - 3B Joe Panik - 3B
Andrew Stevenson - LF Santiago Espinal - SS
Victor Robles - CF Derek Fisher - RF
Max Scherzer - RHP Nate Pearson - RHP

Poll

How excited are you for Nate’s debut today?

This poll is closed

  • 46%
    So stoked
    (45 votes)
  • 15%
    Beyond excited
    (15 votes)
  • 20%
    Absolutely elated
    (20 votes)
  • 17%
    Cannot wait
    (17 votes)
97 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How will Nate do in his major league debut?

This poll is closed

  • 19%
    He’ll be alright
    (20 votes)
  • 14%
    Pretty good!
    (15 votes)
  • 59%
    He’s gonna crush it
    (60 votes)
  • 5%
    Next one will be better
    (6 votes)
101 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many runs of support will the Jays give Nate off Mad Max

This poll is closed

  • 42%
    Zero, but they’re gonna try
    (41 votes)
  • 17%
    Just one but that’s all he’ll need!
    (17 votes)
  • 25%
    They’re muster out two or three
    (25 votes)
  • 14%
    Four or more. Let’s go!
    (14 votes)
97 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.