OOTP Season Sim Game 87: Jays lose to White Sox

New, 1 comment
Chicago White Sox v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

White Sox 6 Blue Jays 1

Another bad start for Chase Anderson. That’s all he’s had in this sim. This game he went 5 innings, allowed 7 hits, 5 earned, 1 walks with 4 strikeouts. He gave up 2 home runs. Danny Mendick hit a 3-run homer in the fourth and Yasmani Grandal had a solo homer in the sixth.

Jordan Romero wasn’t any better, giving up a run in his 1.1 inning, also on a home run, this one off Edwin Encarnacion’s bat, his 13th of the season. Dany Jimenez pitched the last 2.2, without giving up a base runner.

On offense, we had 8 hits and 4 walks but only 1 extra base hit, a double by Randal Grichuk. You would think with that many base runners you’d get more than 1 run.

Cavan Biggio had 3 hits, bringing his average to .212 and Grichuk had 2 hits.

Just a bad effort all around.

29,576 at the game. Losing 2 of 3 to the White Sox isn’t a good thing, but we are still in first.

We have a 3-game series with the Yankees at Rogers Centre coming up next. I’ve got a busy weekend ahead, so might be following behind again. Hyun-Jin Ryu (7-2, 3.11 in 14 starts) gets the start for the Jays. Jonathan Loaisiga (6-3, 3.55 in 17 starts) for the Yankees. A series win would give us a nice lead in the AL East.