Thursday Bantering: Phillies series cancelled

New, 37 comments
MLB: JUL 17 Blue Jays Summer Camp Photo by Julian Avram/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

The Phillies had a coach and a clubhouse attendant test positive for Covid.

The Phillies have shutdown baseball operations. And the Jays won’t be playing in Philadelphia this weekend.

The Jays are going to stay in Washington. So their next action would be next Tuesday in Atlanta. Unless of course things get worse.

Some are suggesting the Jays play the Nationals for three more game on the weekend (the Nationals are not going to Miami this weekend). I don’t know how much work it would take to put on that series, they would have to get the clubhouse people in to work. I would imagine there was a planned cleaning of the clubhouses when all the players left. I don’t know if it is a plan that might work or not.

Ken Giles is back with the team, still on the IL but back with the team. I guess it is good news that he isn’t going under the knife at the moment.

Bo Bichette is back. No Randal Grichuk.

Today's Lineups

NATIONALS BLUE JAYS
Trea Turner - SS Bo Bichette - SS
Adam Eaton - RF Cavan Biggio - 2B
Starlin Castro - 2B Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Asdrubal Cabrera - 1B Vladimir Guerrero - DH
Kurt Suzuki - C Rowdy Tellez - 1B
Josh Harrison - DH Teoscar Hernandez - CF
Carter Kieboom - 3B Derek Fisher - RF
Victor Robles - CF Danny Jansen - C
Michael Taylor - LF Brandon Drury - 3B
Erick Fedde - RHP Hyun-Jin Ryu - LHP