Wednesday Bantering: Jays stuff

New, 45 comments
MLB: Boston Red Sox at Toronto Blue Jays John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports

Good afternoon. There are little bits of Blue Jays news.

Jon Heyman tells us that Austin Martin signed for $7,000,825. I’m sure there was a reason it was 825 not 800 or 850.

Under stuff I don’t understand:

Why wouldn’t they let you watch the game? is there something I’m not understanding? The hotel doesn’t want to sell rooms?

On an unrelated note, I have to cancel a flight.

So are the 12 ones that tested positive or 12 that hasn’t gotten the results back?

The first intersquad game will be at 7:00 Eastern. I’d love them to televise the games but I’m guessing they won’t. Sportsnet would get a pretty good audience.

One year ago today, Vlad hit many many home runs:

It was the first time in many years that I’ve actually watched the home run derby. It was great TV.

The semi final:

And the final round: