There are bits of Jays news:
- Matt Shoemaker will pitch in tonight’s intrasquad game. And Charlie Montoyo figures he could pitch 5 innings. I find that hard to believe, but we’ll. Or I hope we’ll see, I’m not sure we’ll get boxscores. Others who will be pitching are Simeon Woods Richardson, Brian Moran, Jake Petricka, and Julian Merryweather.
- And, there will be playing walkup music, announcing players over the PA and pumping in crowd noise for the games. I’m glad they are having fun.
- They are planing to play every evening between now and the start of the season. I’m guessing, maybe until a day or two before the start of the season.
- Austin Martin is going to be part of the Jays 60-player pool. Not a surprise, but he won’t be in Toronto until he passes a couple of Covid tests.
- Some of the reporters are saying that the Jays will setup ping pong tables and an area the players can play basketball, to help them pass time during the quarantine.
Some bits of baseball news seems so good right now. It isn’t much but there is the thought that there could be baseball in the future.