GameThread Game #13: Blue Jays “Home” Opener

New, 689 comments
Miami Marlins v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Bryan M. Bennett/Getty Images

It’s the Blue Jays home away from home opener, and we will get our first look at the new blue uniforms. Oh happy day.

If you would like a commemorative digital ticket for today’s game, you can find that here!

Here are today’s lineups. Joe Panik is DHing, and batting 8th. I’m not sure there’s anything else to point out here.

Today's Lineups

MARLINS BLUE JAYS
Jonathan Villar - SS Cavan Biggio - 2B
Jon Berti - 2B Bo Bichette - SS
Jesus Aguilar - DH Travis Shaw - 3B
Corey Dickerson - LF Teoscar Hernandez - RF
Brian Anderson - 3B Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Francisco Cervelli - C Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
Lewis Brinson - RF Randal Grichuk - CF
Logan Forsythe - 1B Joe Panik - DH
Monte Harrison - CF Danny Jansen - C
E. Hernandez - RHP Hyun-Jin Ryu - LHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 17%
    0
    (10 votes)
  • 35%
    Series Split
    (20 votes)
  • 47%
    Series Sweep!
    (27 votes)
57 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many times will Joe Panik safely reach first as DH today?

This poll is closed

  • 54%
    0
    (29 votes)
  • 28%
    1
    (15 votes)
  • 11%
    2
    (6 votes)
  • 5%
    3+
    (3 votes)
53 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Ryu have another stellar start?

This poll is closed

  • 72%
    Heck yes
    (42 votes)
  • 27%
    I sure hope so
    (16 votes)
58 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.