GameThread Game #14: Marlins at Blue Jays

New, 858 comments
Miami Marlins v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Bryan M. Bennett/Getty Images

For the first time this season, the Blue Jays are going for the sweep with Nate Pearson on the mound. It’s the little things these days.

Also, Bluebird Banter will be debuting our first ever live zoom watch party for tonight’s game. yyzcalifornia suggested this a while ago, and our schedules have finally aligned to make it work. So, if you feel so inclined, please join Expo45, Minor Leaguer and I on zoom tonight (whether you wish to show your video, or just your audio, or neither and just chat!). The link will be posted in the comments at the start of the game.

Here’s today’s fun fact, courtesy of the aforementioned Minor Leaguer:

Here are tonight’s lineups. The Joe Panik as DH experiment was short lived, and Tellez is now in that spot tonight. Otherwise, our lineup is starting to look pretty similar now.

Today's Lineups

MARLINS BLUE JAYS
Jonathan Villar - SS Cavan Biggio - 2B
Jesus Aguilar - 1B Bo Bichette - SS
Corey Dickerson - LF Travis Shaw - 3B
Matt Joyce - DH Teoscar Hernandez - RF
Brian Anderson - 3B Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Francisco Cervelli - C Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
Eddy Alvarez - 2B Randal Grichuk - CF
Jon Berti - RF Rowdy Tellez - DH
Magneuris Sierra - CF Danny Jansen - C
Jordan Yamamoto - RHP Nate Pearson - RHP
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.