GameThread Game #19: Blue Jays at Orioles

New, 562 comments
MLB: New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles Todd Olszewski/Orioles Baseball/Pool Photo via USA TODAY Network

The Blue Jays are in Baltimore to play our old friends the Orioles, and I’m doing my best to resist making the easy joke about playing with no fans being not all that different to the past couple years.

In Bo Bichette’s absense, Charlie Montoyo explained his plan to fill that role:

Here are today’s lineups. Grichuk stays in the number two slot, Vlad gets a DH day and Panik will start at shortstop.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS ORIOLES
Cavan Biggio - 2B Hanser Alberto - 2B
Randal Grichuk - CF Anthony Santander - RF
Travis Shaw - 3B Renato Nunez - 1B
Teoscar Hernandez - RF Pedro Severino - DH
Rowdy Tellez - 1B Pat Valaika - LF
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Rio Ruiz - 3B
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Bryan Holaday - C
Joe Panik - SS Andrew Velazquez - SS
Danny Jansen - C Cedric Mullins - CF
Hyun-Jin Ryu - LHP Alex Cobb - RHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 8%
    0
    (5 votes)
  • 22%
    1
    (13 votes)
  • 36%
    2
    (21 votes)
  • 31%
    All 3!
    (18 votes)
57 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will the Jays have any poor defensive plays in this game?

This poll is closed

  • 33%
    Hopefully not!
    (18 votes)
  • 66%
    Seems inevitable
    (36 votes)
54 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many batters will Ryu strike out today?

This poll is closed

  • 5%
    0-2
    (3 votes)
  • 27%
    3-4
    (14 votes)
  • 56%
    5-7
    (29 votes)
  • 9%
    8+
    (5 votes)
51 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.