GameThread Game #20: Blue Jays at Orioles

New, 807 comments
MLB: Baltimore Orioles-Workouts Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports

We are going for the series win today. One of those would be really nice.

As Minor Leaguer posted here, Julian Merryweather has joined the team. So, we may have a major league debut tonight!

This was neat:

Hey, look. We still have a (decent?) chance:

Lastly, sounds like Teoscar is dealing with some back tightness:

Here are today’s lineups. Vladdy is batting cleanup, Alford gets a start in center, Biggio will play right field and Espinal will cover shortstop.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS ORIOLES
Cavan Biggio - RF Chance Sisco - DH
Randal Grichuk - DH Anthony Santander - RF
Travis Shaw - 3B Rio Ruiz - 3B
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B Renato Nunez - 1B
Danny Jansen - C Pedro Severino - C
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Dwight Smith - LF
Brandon Drury - 2B Pat Valaika - 2B
Anthony Alford - CF Cedric Mullins - CF
Santiago Espinal - SS Andrew Velazquez - SS
Nate Pearson - RHP Wade LeBlanc - LHP

Poll

Will Big Nate throw a pitch at least 100mph today?

This poll is closed

  • 69%
    Heck yes
    (39 votes)
  • 30%
    Sadly no but he’ll get close!
    (17 votes)
56 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many homers will the Jays hit today?

This poll is closed

  • 11%
    0-1
    (6 votes)
  • 34%
    2
    (18 votes)
  • 38%
    3
    (20 votes)
  • 15%
    4+
    (8 votes)
52 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Who will have a greater number of total bases today?

This poll is closed

  • 60%
    Alford
    (29 votes)
  • 31%
    Espinal
    (15 votes)
  • 8%
    Drury
    (4 votes)
48 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.