clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Sunday Bantering: Covid Updates

Toronto Blue Jays v Tampa Bay Rays Photo by Douglas P. DeFelice/Getty Images

There isn’t much (or anything) for Jays news and not all that much MLB new really.

There are bits of good news:

  • The Phillies announced no new positive tests and will play tomorrow.
  • And the Marlins announced no new positive tests. That one surprises me.

On the less good news:

Joey Votto was put on the IL after ‘reporting Covid symptoms’. Mike Moustakas was on the IL for the same thing, but after three days of negative tests.

Kris Bryant of the Cubs is also on the IL after reporting symptoms. I do get the fielding that since we here about it so much that it is easy to feel symptoms. I think our minds can make us feel sick.

And Brewers center fielder Lorenzo Cain has opted out of the season.

It is not only Covid putting players out of the lineup, Roberto Osuna came out of the Astros’ game yesterday with an arm injury:

Baker said Osuna was scheduled to fly back to Houston to undergo an MRI to determine the extent of the injury, which happened when he threw a pitch to Castro in the ninth. Osuna immediately signaled for head athletic trainer Jeremiah Randall and Baker to come to the mound.

Coming into Saturday’s game, the Astros already had 10 rookie pitchers in their bullpen because of injuries and the expanded rosters as a result of the coronavirus. Seven pitchers have made their big league debuts this year for Houston.

We are seeing a fair number of arm injuries around the league. Shortened camp time is making it important to be careful with pitchers.

Use the thread to talk about anything you’d like, the Raptors’ win, the NHL or anything that might come might come up.