clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

GameThread Game #22 and #23: Phillies at Blue Jays

Tampa Bay Rays v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Bryan M. Bennett/Getty Images

The Jays have reported back to Buffalo for a little doubleheader with the Phillies to make up their postponed games from a few weekends ago.

For all of us hoping Ryan Borucki might start again, it doesn’t sound like that’s the plan:

And a little update on Big Nate:

Here are the lineups for Game 1. Biggio will get his first start in center, Billy McKinney, who has been recalled as the 29th player will get a start in left, and red hot Randal Grichuk will DH.

Today's Lineups

PHILLIES BLUE JAYS
Andrew McCutchen - DH Cavan Biggio - CF
Rhys Hoskins - 1B Randal Grichuk - DH
Bryce Harper - RF Travis Shaw - 3B
J.T. Realmuto - C Teoscar Hernandez - RF
Jean Segura - 2B Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
Didi Gregorius - SS Joe Panik - 2B
Phil Gosselin - LF Billy McKinney - LF
Alec Bohm - 3B Reese McGuire - C
Roman Quinn - CF Santiago Espinal - SS
Spencer Howard - RHP Chase Anderson - RHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win today?

This poll is closed

  • 3%
    Zero :(
    (4 votes)
  • 50%
    Split with one
    (53 votes)
  • 45%
    Another sweeeeep
    (47 votes)
104 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many innings will Chase Anderson and Trent Thornton pitch today, combined?

This poll is closed

  • 59%
    8 or fewer
    (54 votes)
  • 27%
    9-10
    (25 votes)
  • 10%
    11
    (10 votes)
  • 2%
    12+
    (2 votes)
91 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will a Blue Jays outfielder make a stellar catch today?

This poll is closed

  • 48%
    Heck yes
    (39 votes)
  • 51%
    Nope
    (41 votes)
80 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.