Blue Jays Moves: Gaviglio added, Waguespack subtracted

New, comments
MLB: JUL 29 Nationals at Blue Jays Photo by Randy Litzinger/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

It is nice to see the Blue Jays win a few finally. The Jays are now above .500, something that I thought was very unlikely with the way they had been playing.

They made a roster move before today’s game:

Sam Gaviglio was recalled. Jacob Waguespack (thanks for the relief work yesterday) was optioned to the taxi squad.

Sam allowed 3 runs in 2 appearances, adding up to 1 inning earlier in the season.

Also added to the taxi squad:

  • LHP Travis Bergen
  • OF Billy McKinney
  • INF Ruben Tejada.

Caleb Joseph is also on the taxi squad.

I was sad to see the Jays DFAed Anthony Alford. I don’t understand why they would want Billy McKinney over him, but I’m hoping someone who will give him a good opportunity will pick him up.

Today’s lineup is different. I don’t understand Cavan in the seventh spot. He gets on base against lefties just fine. And Danny Jansen batting third is interesting.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RAYS
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Austin Meadows - LF
Randal Grichuk - CF Brandon Lowe - 2B
Danny Jansen - C Yandy Diaz - 3B
Teoscar Hernandez - DH Ji-Man Choi - 1B
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B Joey Wendle - SS
Travis Shaw - 3B Yoshi Tsutsugo - DH
Brandon Drury - 2B Hunter Renfroe - RF
Cavan Biggio - RF Kevin Kiermaier - CF
Santiago Espinal - SS Michael Perez - C
Matt Shoemaker - RHP Ryan Yarbrough - LHP

I’m officially worried: