clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

GameThread Game #24: Blue Jays at Rays

MLB: Game Two-Philadelphia Phillies at Toronto Blue Jays Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

The Jays have a five game win streak under their belt, and will have their work cut out for them if they want to keep it up. Winning against the Rays has never been easy, and now they have the familiar foe of doing it at the Trop to contend with as well. But after this series, we won’t see the Rays again this season (well, until the playoffs at least ;) ) ...so let’s make the most of it.

Here are today’s lineups. Gurriel is leading off, Jansen is batting 3rd, and Biggio has been bumped down to 8th.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RAYS
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Austin Meadows - LF
Randal Grichuk - CF Brandon Lowe - 2B
Danny Jansen - C Yandy Diaz - 3B
Teoscar Hernandez - DH Ji-Man Choi - 1B
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B Joey Wendle - SS
Travis Shaw - 3B Yoshi Tsutsugo - DH
Brandon Drury - 2B Hunter Renfroe - RF
Cavan Biggio - RF Kevin Kiermaier - CF
Santiago Espinal - SS Michael Perez - C
Matt Shoemaker - RHP Ryan Yarbrough - LHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 3%
    0
    (2 votes)
  • 12%
    1
    (8 votes)
  • 45%
    2
    (30 votes)
  • 18%
    3
    (12 votes)
  • 21%
    All 4!
    (14 votes)
66 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will a weird and inexplicable play happen today?

This poll is closed

  • 83%
    Yes, sadly.
    (49 votes)
  • 16%
    No, thankfully!
    (10 votes)
59 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many innings will Shoemaker pitch tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 6%
    0-3
    (4 votes)
  • 72%
    4-5
    (42 votes)
  • 18%
    6
    (11 votes)
  • 1%
    7+
    (1 vote)
58 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.