clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Monday Bantering: Travis Bergen added to roster

Toronto Blue Jays v Detroit Tigers Photo by Mark Cunningham/MLB Photos via Getty Images

There is a couple of little bits of Blue Jays news:

  • Travis Bergen is added to the roster from the taxi squad.
  • Matt Shoemaker is ‘week to week’ with a lat strain.
  • Thomas Pannone has been DFAed.
  • Trent Thornton goes in the IL.
  • Nate Pearson’s second opinion should come soon.
  • Ken Giles is ‘improving’.
  • Daniel Vogelbach will take a couple to join the team. Travel is a little harder this year.

Today’s lineup:

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RAYS
Cavan Biggio - 2B Austin Meadows - LF
Randal Grichuk - CF Brandon Lowe - RF
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B Yandy Diaz - 3B
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Ji-Man Choi - 1B
Teoscar Hernandez - RF Yoshi Tsutsugo - DH
Travis Shaw - DH Joey Wendle - 2B
Danny Jansen - C Willy Adames - SS
Joe Panik - 3B Kevin Kiermaier - CF
Santiago Espinal - SS Mike Zunino - C
Tanner Roark - RHP Blake Snell - LHP

All the lefties are the reason why Bergen was added. Roark has to get us a few innings today. Tomorrow looks to be a bullpen day.

I think we are going to get a new lineup every game until Bichette returns.

Kaitlyn McGrath wrote about the ‘alternate site’. Lots of good bits of news there.

Days at the site attempt to mirror what a baseball season looks like. Daily, players report to the field and go through their typical strength-and-conditioning workout. Then they take batting practice before playing a simulated game. Twice a week, games take place at night to keep players acclimated to playing under stadium lights.

The young starting pitchers, such as T.J. Zeuch, Simeon Woods Richardson and Joey Murray, use those games to get in their five innings of work, while hitters can get about five to seven live at-bats per game, Huckaby said.