GameThread Game #28: Red Sox at Blue Jays

New, 766 comments
MLB: Miami Marlins at Toronto Blue Jays Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

The Jays are back in Buffalo to welcome in the Red Sox and their decimated pitching staff.

As for the Jays pitching staff, yes to Patrick Murphy please:

Could we be seeing Vlad back at 3rd soon?

We also have some injury updates:

Here are today’s lineups. Grichuk gets a DH day bumping Biggio to the outfield, and Drury will get a start at 2nd.

Today's Lineups

RED SOX BLUE JAYS
Alex Verdugo - LF Cavan Biggio - RF
Rafael Devers - 3B Randal Grichuk - DH
J.D. Martinez - DH Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
Xander Bogaerts - SS Teoscar Hernandez - CF
Mitch Moreland - 1B Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Christian Vazquez - C Travis Shaw - 3B
Kevin Pillar - RF Danny Jansen - C
Jackie Bradley - CF Brandon Drury - 2B
Jose Peraza - 2B Santiago Espinal - SS
Kyle Hart - LHP Chase Anderson - RHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 6%
    0
    (4 votes)
  • 6%
    1
    (4 votes)
  • 44%
    2
    (28 votes)
  • 42%
    All 3!
    (27 votes)
63 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will a Blue Jay successfully steal a base today?

This poll is closed

  • 50%
    Heck yes
    (27 votes)
  • 49%
    Sadly no
    (26 votes)
53 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many runs will the Jays score today?

This poll is closed

  • 3%
    0-1
    (2 votes)
  • 1%
    2-3
    (1 vote)
  • 27%
    4-5
    (15 votes)
  • 67%
    6+
    (37 votes)
55 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.