There are are bits of Blue Jays news:
- Julian Merryweather gets the start tonight. I’d be surprised if he can get through 3 innings, but I’ll be hopeful.
- There are some roster moves. Sean Reid-Foley and Derek Fisher are added to the roster. Travis Bergen and Sam Gaviglio subtracted. Reid-Foley could pitch 2-3 innings if needed. And we needed a spare outfielder.
- Trent Thornton has ‘loose bodies’ in his elbow.
- Ken Giles is feeling good after throwing yesterday, sounds like just a matter of time before he’s activated.
- Travis Shaw is in today’s lineup, so must be feeling ok.
There is rain and thunderstorms in the forecast for Buffalo tonight, they might have to play faster than yesterday’s marathon if they want to get it in.
And there are moves afoot to get the playoffs played in ‘controlled sites’:
Not close to final, but postseason plan at “controlled sites” being discussed, per sources: AL in southern California, NL in Texas. World Series possibly at Rangers’ new ballpark. League talking with union about possibilities. Final plan would be subject to ownership approval.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 26, 2020
Texas and California are two of hot spots for Covid.
|RED SOX||BLUE JAYS|
|Alex Verdugo - LF||Cavan Biggio - 2B|
|Rafael Devers - 3B||Randal Grichuk - CF|
|J.D. Martinez - DH||Travis Shaw - 3B|
|Xander Bogaerts - SS||Teoscar Hernandez - RF|
|Mitch Moreland - 1B||Vladimir Guerrero - DH|
|Christian Vazquez - C||Rowdy Tellez - 1B|
|Kevin Pillar - RF||Lourdes Gurriel - LF|
|Jackie Bradley - CF||Reese McGuire - C|
|Michael Chavis - 2B||Santiago Espinal - SS|
|Colten Brewer - RHP||Shun Yamaguchi - RHP|