This trade deadline day will be different than the past few, as the Jays are genuine buyers instead of sellers. Instead of parting with players on the major league team, we may instead be bidding adieu to prospects we’ve grown to love and dream on. However, the new additions should hopefully be able to provide some much need support and reinforcements and help us tally up some more wins.
As a reminder, here’s what went down prior to August 31st in recent years:
- Traded Marcus Stroman to the Mets for Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods Richardson
- Traded Joe Biagini, Aaron Sanchez and Cal Stevenson to the Astros for Derek Fisher
- Traded Eric Sogard to the Rays for Edisson Gonzalez and Curtis Taylor
- Traded Daniel Hudson to the Washington Nationals for Kyle Johnston
- Traded David Phelps to the Cubs for Thomas Hatch
- Traded Roberto Osuna to the Astros for Ken Giles, David Paulino and Hector Perez
- Traded JA Happ to the Yankees for Billy McKinney and Brandon Drury
- Traded Seungwhan Oh to the Rockies for Chad Spanberger, Forrest Wall and Bryan Baker
- Traded John Axford to the Dodgers for Corey Copping
- Traded Josh Donaldson to Cleveland for Julian Merryweather
- Traded Aaron Loup to the Phillies for Jacob Waguespack
- Traded Curtis Granderson to the Brewers for Demi Orimoloye
- Traded Steve Pearce to the Red Sox for Santiago Espinal
- Traded Joe Smith to Cleveland for Thomas Pannone and Samad Taylor
- Traded Francisco Lirano to the Astros for Teoscar Hernandez and Nori Aoki
- Traded Osman Gutierrez to the Marlins for Tom Koehler
Please use this post to share any rumors or news of trades, whether it be for the Jays or any of the other teams.
Happy trade deadline day!