Tuesday Bantering: Roster Moves

New, 29 comments
MLB: SEP 03 Blue Jays at Braves Photo by Jeff Robinson/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

Blue Jays baseball is back tonight. For how long it is anyone’s bet, but I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.

There are a few bits of news:

  • Travis Shaw has been activated off ‘bereavement list’. This will be the move to fill the hole left by optioning Sam Gaviglio.
  • Randal Grichuk should be back in the lineup too.
  • The starting pitchers for the next three games:

Matt Shoemaker Tuesday

Hyun Jin Ryu Wednesday

Nate Pearson Thursday

  • Dany Jimenez was returned to the team. He hasn’t been added to the ‘players pool’ yet.

Not Blue Jays, but I’m feeling very sad for Mike Soroka. I’ve mentioned that he went to high school with my youngest boy. Not that they had classes together, it was a ‘learn at your own pace’ type school, which worked very well for athletes and musicians, not so well for my son, though he was MVP for his football team his last year there. Dylan says Soroka was a good guy.

The Buffalo News has a picture story of the upgrades going on at Sahlen Field. It is worth a look.

This will be an interesting series. The Jays have been in all but one of the games they’ve played this year. But we need real wins, not moral victories soon.

I just wanted to point out this New York Time story on the MLB season so far. The first paragraph is a thing of beauty:

Major League Baseball is like a beleaguered landlord with 30 frightened tenants. Flooding in one apartment damages several others. The pipes get fixed, and then mold spreads in the room down the hall. Nobody wants to condemn the building, but everyone knows it might collapse.