Friday Bantering: Lineup changes

New, 15 comments
MLB: AUG 05 Blue Jays at Braves Photo by John Adams/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

Happy Friday, for those of you for whom days of the week matter.

Charlie has flipped Cavan Biggio and Bo Bichette in the order. Since Cavan is hitting .171/.227/.317 maybe they are hoping he becomes a bit more selective in the top spot. Rowdy bought himself another day in the starting lineup with his good day at the plate yesterday.

I wonder what it will take to get Teoscar Hernandez moved up? At .297/.325/.676 He’s been, by far, our best hitter.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RED SOX
Cavan Biggio - 2B Andrew Benintendi - LF
Bo Bichette - SS Rafael Devers - 3B
Lourdes Gurriel - LF J.D. Martinez - DH
Rowdy Tellez - DH Xander Bogaerts - SS
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B Mitch Moreland - 1B
Randal Grichuk - CF Christian Vazquez - C
Travis Shaw - 3B Alex Verdugo - RF
Teoscar Hernandez - RF Jackie Bradley - CF
Danny Jansen - C Jose Peraza - 2B
Tanner Roark - RHP Ryan Weber - RHP

The Jays have added RHP Justin Miller to the taxi squad. Justin pitched in 17 games for the Nationals last year. Career he has a 4.43 ERA in 150 appearances.

Tonight’s Cubs/Cardinals game has been postponed due to another positive test among the Cardinals. My understanding is that the Cubs are not heading to St. Louis, so odds are they are postponing all three games there this weekend. But I guess it isn’t a long flight so never know.

An Angels team employee ‘distributed’ the drugs that killed Tyler Skaggs. That’s pretty horrible.

This year it seems like headlines are made up from a random word generator:

I showed the video to my son and he said ‘perhaps he forgot what event he was attending’.

The apology seems to fall well short of the mark. I can’t imagine someone could make that particular salute without knowing what he was doing. And, if he didn’t know, why would he do it again after being told what he was doing.

For me, a football player had his career ended for taking a knee. This happens and there is no punishment.