We asked this a month ago, so I figured it was time to do it again.
In that month, the Blue Jays have gone 19-11, even with injuries to many key players.
- It seems he was right to trust Joe Panik was going to come around. He’s hit .302/.413/.381 in the last month. No power, but then anyone getting on 41% of the time, I don’t care if he hit homers.
- Keeping most of the starting pitchers to not much more than twice through the order continues to be the way things are going. I’d be happier if then used their eyes and judgment to decide, instead of a rule, but this is the way it is going, and it seems to be working.
- They are working the bullpen pretty hard, but they seem to be finding time to rest them. Occasionally, one gets knocked around, but as a whole, the bullpen has been pretty terrific. I always thought it was hard for Gibby to run an 8 or 9-man bullpen, but Charlie and company seem to have been doing a good job of getting guys work but not overworking then and getting everyone into games.
- Lineups are often weird (always weird). Charlie keeps putting Travis Shaw third, which isn’t optimal. I would say that maybe he’s trying to show faith in the guy and hoping it will pay off.
- The flip is that Derek Fisher isn’t playing much, and he has been hitting great. I’m thinking there must be an injury that they aren’t sharing. It seems strange. I’d like to see him out there more.
Do you approve of the job Charlie Montoyo doing?
This poll is closed