Jays sign David Phelps, Fisher DFA

New, 75 comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Detroit Tigers Photo by Duane Burleson/Getty Images

Update:

Derek Fisher has been DFAed to make roster room for Phelps.

So he is back.

The Blue Jays signed free-agent right-handed reliever David Phelps. Phelps started the 2019 season with us. In 17 games, he had a 3.63 ERA. Then, at the deadline, we traded him to the Cubs for Thomas Hatch.

Last year he split the season between the Brewers (2.77 ERA in 13 innings) and Phillies (12.91 in 7.2 innings.

Phelps will get $1.75 million with $750,000 in incentives.

Phelps throws a mid-90s four-seam fastball and a low 90s cut fastball.

It looks like the backend of the bullpen will be Kirby Yates, Jordan Romano, Rafael Dolis, Phelps, and likely Ryan Borucki.

I dislike the 3:07 starts on Saturday. The rest is fine.