Derek Fisher traded to Brewers

New, 102 comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Baltimore Orioles Photo by Mitchell Layton/Getty Images

The Blue Jays have traded Derek Fisher to the Brewers for cash and a player to be named later.

You know the story, Fisher came to us from the Astros for Joe Biagini, Aaron Sanchez, and Cal Stevenson. Biagini and Sanchez didn’t do much for the Astros. Stevenson could still turn into a player, but he’s a lottery ticket.

Fisher didn’t have a great time with the Jays, hitting .177/.295/.395 with 7 home runs in 56 games. And he made the occasional error in the field (you might not have noticed). I really thought he would make a decent fourth outfielder, but no such luck.

Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good. Best of luck Derek.

And Matt Shoemaker has been signed by the Twins. He gets a one-year, $2 million contract. I wouldn’t have minded if the Jays had offered him that.

And speaking of old friends, Kevin Pillar signed with the Mets. No word on how much he will get, I’d imagine it will be a one-year contract.

3 days until the Blue Jays pitchers and catchers report.