Blue Jays 6 Yankees 4 (7 innings)
I really enjoyed getting to see baseball again. I didn’t enjoy the YES broadcast team interviewing bored Yankees, instead of showing us the game.
Jays who impressed:
- Anthony Kay looked very good in his two perfect innings, getting 2 strikeouts. GameDay said his fastball was mid-90s, topping at 97.
- T.J. Zeuch had a good inning and a less good inning. Allowing a run in his two innings.
- Anthony Castro looked good, getting the last two outs of the fifth after Jake Waguespack had some troubles.
- Joel Murray and Bryan Baker each looked good pitching the last two innings.
- Logan Warmoth homered.
- Rowdy Tellez (looking slimmer) was 2 for 2, with a double and 2 RBI.
- Marcus Semien singled and walked and looked smooth at second.
- Cavan Biggio had a hard hit opposite-field double.
- Bo Bichette walked twice.
- Vlad singled, was hit by pitch and hit a fly ball to the track. We thought it would have been out with last year’s ball.
- Jonathan Davis singled, stole second, scored, and was hit by pitch.
- Chavez showed his range in center field, he can run.
- Forrest Wall singled and he stole third base.
Looking less than great:
- Jacob Waguespack had a rough time, giving up back-to-back home runs, 3 hits, 3 earned getting 2 outs.
- Otto Lopez booted an easy ground ball. He also stole a base, going into the game as a pinch-runner.
- Danny Jansen went 0 for 3 with a strikeout.
- Jordan Groshans was 0 for 2 with a k.
I’m glad baseball is back and happy to have a GameThread again.
We had 394 comments in the thread. I led us to fake victory.