Wednesday Bantering: Jays Notes

New, 86 comments
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Baltimore Orioles Jonathan Dyer-USA TODAY Sports

I’m starting to feel like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. Alberta is going to be giving vaccine to people 50 to 65 starting this week. It is possible I’ll get my first shot sometime this month.

Today’s game doesn’t even have GameDay. All we can do is follow a boxscore. Ross Stripling has pitched two scoreless innings.

The Jays are also playing an intrasquad game. George Springer, who missed yesterday’s game with an abdominal issue, played defense in this game and took batting practice, so seems like he’ll be playing soon.

Hyun Jin Ryu pitched in the intrasquad game. I don’t remember teams being so worried about other teams seeing their pitchers a few years ago.

So this is interesting:

What could possibly go wrong?

The ultimate of super spreader events. I’d be worried about players running into fans on leaving the ballpark.

Of course, the Blue Jays are the Rangers' opponent for those games.

It really doesn’t make sense for MLB to have covid protocols for the players and then allow a full stadium full of fans right around them.

I know it doesn’t mean much but happy to see Stripling have a good outing today. Anthony Kay didn’t do as well. Two earned runs in his first inning of work, and then a 3-up, 3-down, with 2 strikeouts in his second inning.

No Stat Cast for the game but Ben Wagner has this:

He also said 38 pitches 28 strikes.

On the offensive side:

  • Jonathan Davis was 2 for 2 with a walk.
  • Forrest Wall homered.
  • Joe Panik was 2 for 2.

Joey Votto has tested positive for Covid. He’ll be out for, at least, a few days. I’m not sure what the protocols for returning from Covid are. I’d imagine he will have to have a couple of negative tests before being allowed back with his teammates.