Blue Jays 4 Tigers 0
This one started well. Jonathan Davis led off with a home run. A mistake pitch that he hit well.
And we scored again in the second. Joe Panik started it off with a walk, went to third on a Santiago Espinal single, and scored on a Forrest Wall ground out.
And we got two in the ninth. Richard Urena walked, an out later, Chavez Young drove one down the first baseline for a standup triple. He can fly. Otto Lopez followed with a single and went to second on a wild pitch. Not much of a wild pitch. The catcher kept it in front of him, but Lopez went as soon as it was in the dirt.
We had lots of good pitching again today:
- Hyun Jin Ryu went four innings, allowed just two soft hit singles, and had 4 strikeouts. He spent most of the game in the 90-92 range on the fastball. He threw 49 pitches, with 27 strikes.
- T.J. Zeuch impressed me. 3 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 strikeout. He was around 93-94 on the fastball.
- Travis Bergen pitched the eight. He gave up a leadoff single and threw a wild pitch but then got 3 quick strikeouts.
- Joel Payamps pitched the ninth. He gave out a walk. And a two-out hit batter. But he got out of the inning with a couple of strikeouts.
- Jonathan Davis: 1 for 2, walk, homer. .353 on the sping.
- Teoscar Hernandez: 0 for 3. .200. The Tiger broadcasters made us laugh by suggesting they pitched around Davis to bring up Teoscar.
- Rowdy Tellez: 0 for 3. .200. He hasn’t had a hit in a long time now. I had mentally penciled him in for a roster spot, but he’s going to have to start hitting again.
- Danny Jansen: 1 for 3, 2 k. His single was a seeing-eye hit between the third baseman and shortstop. .167.
- Joe Panik: 1 for 2, walk. .294.
- Santiago Espinal: 2 for 3, k. .333. I’d love him to market the team.
- Forrest Wall: 1 for 3. He also stole second and third.
- Tyler White: 0 for 3, 2 k. .059.
- Kevin Smith: 0 for 3. .200. Made a nice play at third.
- Richard Urena: Walk.
- Chavez Young: Triple.
- Otto Lopez: single.
Tomorrow it is Jays vs. Phillies at Clearwater. I see it is listed on MLB.TV, with a Phillies TV broadcast, so those of us who have a subscription should be able to watch.