GameThread Game #53: Home Opener Pt 2

New, 769 comments
MLB: Baltimore Orioles at Toronto Blue Jays Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays have arrived at their new home away from home and are getting set to take on the Marlins for a brief two game series.

If you missed the hype video over the renovations, you can see that here:

We have some injury updates. A lot of not so encouraging news on the pitching front:

Here are today’s lineups. Panik gets another start at 3rd, and McGuire will catch.

Today's Lineups

MARLINS BLUE JAYS
Jazz Chisholm - SS Marcus Semien - 2B
Starling Marte - CF Bo Bichette - SS
Jesus Aguilar - DH Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
Garrett Cooper - 1B Teoscar Hernandez - RF
Adam Duvall - RF Randal Grichuk - CF
Jorge Alfaro - C Joe Panik - 3B
Isan Diaz - 3B Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Jon Berti - LF Rowdy Tellez - DH
Luis Marte - 2B Reese McGuire - C
Sandy Alcantara - RHP Robbie Ray - LHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 1%
    Zero
    (1 vote)
  • 21%
    Split
    (20 votes)
  • 76%
    Sweep!
    (70 votes)
91 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Who will have the best start in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 25%
    Ray
    (24 votes)
  • 74%
    Manoah
    (70 votes)
94 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Who will be the first player to hit a homer in Buffalo this year?

This poll is closed

  • 11%
    An outfielder
    (11 votes)
  • 82%
    An infielder
    (80 votes)
  • 6%
    Catcher
    (6 votes)
97 votes total Vote Now

We are glad you are here and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it’s “don’t be terrible,” but these days it’s also, “please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus or vaccines.” If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don’t do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here. You can Adopt-a-Jay here, and here’s a helpful tutorial on how to post images in the comments.