It is so hot this week. Calgary always used to cool down at night, so there was never really a need for air conditioning. But I couldn’t sleep last night, it was so hot. I’m hoping I can stay awake through the end of the game tonight.
I’ve been visiting shops and restaurants based only on how cool they keep it.
There are bits of Jays news:
- Cimber could join the team as soon as tomorrow. That would be great. I love watching sidearmers.
- Jonathan Davis is added to the roster for today’s game. Likely only for today, but never know.
- Rafael Dolis threw BP today, could go on a rehab assignment if he feels good tomorrow.
- Ryan Borucki has a side session tomorrow, next would be a bullpen session.
- The team says that, on days when Vlad DHes, Biggio or Gurriel could play first. I like Biggio’s glove at first base.
- Dickerson will be checked out by the Jays medical team when he gets to Buffalo. I don’t think we’ll see him before the end of July.
- Montoyo coached Dickerson in Tampa. “I like him a lot.” Excited for LH bat with power off the bench and to help balance the lineup.
- I’m likely reading too much into it all, but I doubt we’ll see much of Rowdy for the rest of the season.
- Sounds like the Jays only added $1 million to their payroll with this deal. Not sure why the Marlins did it, if they were only saving that.
- I really would like to see Kevin Smith called up to help out at third base. Santiago Espinal has been good, but he isn’t someone I’d want playing every day third.
- Steven Matz comes off the Covid IL tomorrow, so another 40-man move will have to be made.
In non-Jays news, Hector Santiago has been suspended 10 days for having a foreign substance on his glove. He is going to appeal, saying it was just rosin. The Mariners are starting a series in Buffalo tonight. The appeal means they won’t be a man short for it.
And England beat Germany in the Euro football tournament, making me and my motherland happy. I promise not to riot. My motherland? I can’t make the same guarantee.
|J.P. Crawford - SS
|Marcus Semien - 2B
|Mitch Haniger - RF
|Bo Bichette - SS
|Kyle Seager - 3B
|Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
|Ty France - 1B
|Teoscar Hernandez - RF
|Luis Torrens - DH
|George Springer - CF
|Dylan Moore - 2B
|Cavan Biggio - 3B
|Jake Fraley - CF
|Randal Grichuk - DH
|Tom Murphy - C
|Lourdes Gurriel - LF
|Shed Long - LF
|Reese McGuire - C
|Chris Flexen - RHP
|Robbie Ray - LHP