Jays call up Kirby Snead, Jacob Barnes DFA

New, 6 comments

Blue Jays also trade T.J. Zeuch to the Cardinals for cash.

New York Yankees v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Douglas P. DeFelice/Getty Images

Interesting move.

The Jays have called up Kirby Sneak from Buffalo. Jacob Barnes gets DFAed to make room.

Kirby has a 2.01 ERA in 27 games with the Bisons. In 31.1 innings he’s allowed 15 hits. 1 home run, 12 walks, and 43 strikeouts.

Kirby was a 10th round pick in the 2016 draft. He’s been a reliever for almost all of his minor career. I wonder if his hair is as long as it was this spring. I’m glad the Jays are promoting from the minors. He’ll be number 60.

Barnes, well he had a tough day yesterday. He’s had 9 hits, 6 walks, and 13 strikeouts in 9 innings with the Jays after coming from the Mets in trade for Troy Miller.

Today’s lineup:

The Blue Jays also traded T.J. Zeuch to the Cardinals in exchange for cash. Zeuch is to report to triple-A Memphis.

Zeuch, who turns 26 this Sunday, was the Blue Jays’ first-round pick in 2016 out of Pitt. He was designated for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster for Alejandro Kirk when the catcher was activated from the 60-day IL.

Meanwhile, Nick Allgeyer has passed through outright waivers and has been assigned to Buffalo.