It doesn’t sound like it is official yet, but likely close enough. Joey Gallo is one guy I really would have liked for the Blue Jays, even if we are up to our arm pits in outfielders. Every OOTP version that comes out, I try to trade for Gallo. Good defense, power and walks....what’s not to like. I guess a high batting average would be ok too, but rarely do you get everything. I do worry a bit about how well he’ll age. Now I’ll cheer for him to age quickly.
Going to the Rangers, well that’s still a bit up in the air, but it looks like:
- Trevor Hauver: Number 22 on Baseball America’s top 30 Yankees Prospects. Second baseman. He’s 22, LHB, playing in A-Ball, with lots of walks.
- Glenn Otto: Number 20 on Baseball America’s top 30 Yankees Prospects. RHP. Throws low 90s with a good slider and curve. He’s 25, pitched in AA and AAA this year.
- Ezequiel Duran: Number 6 on Baseball America’s top 30 Yankees Prospects. A second baseman. He has some power and a good eye at the plate. 22, RHB, in A+.
- Everson Pereira: Number 24. OF. 20 year old, RHB, in the Rookie League
- Randy Vasquez: He’s 22, RHP, in A ball. Not in BA’s Top 30.
- Josh Smith: #8 on BA’s Yankees list: A SS, good bat. 24 next week. LHB, playing in A-Ball.
No sure things, but some good-looking players. I don’t know what the Blue Jays equivalents might be. But I’m sure you would be talking Gabriel Moreno and Orelvis Martinez to start, though they are better prospects.
There are changes.
The Joey Gallo trade is inching forward. The Yankees would get Gallo and LHR Joely Rodriguez from Texas for 4 minor leaguers: RHP Glenn Otto, 2B Ezekiel Duran, SS Josh Smith and 2B/OF Trevor Hauver. Neither team has announced it officially yet.— Jack Curry (@JackCurryYES) July 29, 2021