GameThread Game #127: Blue Jays at Tigers

New, 303 comments
Chicago White Sox v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Mark Blinch/Getty Images

The Jays are on the road for a quick trip to Motor City, where they’ll try to hang on to their slipping playoff chances.

Here are tonight’s lineups. Dickerson bats fifth, Palacios gets the start in center, and Smith will start at 3rd.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS TIGERS
Bo Bichette - SS Robbie Grossman - LF
Marcus Semien - 2B Jonathan Schoop - 1B
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B Jeimer Candelario - 3B
Teoscar Hernandez - DH Miguel Cabrera - DH
Corey Dickerson - RF Eric Haase - C
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Daz Cameron - RF
Josh Palacios - CF Willi Castro - 2B
Kevin Smith - 3B Zack Short - SS
Reese McGuire - C Derek Hill - CF
Steven Matz - LHP Matt Manning - RHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 17%
    0
    (14 votes)
  • 35%
    1
    (28 votes)
  • 21%
    2
    (17 votes)
  • 25%
    All 3!
    (20 votes)
79 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How Matzterful will Steven Matz be today?

This poll is closed

  • 33%
    A Matzterpiece
    (21 votes)
  • 61%
    Fairly Matzterful
    (38 votes)
  • 4%
    Not at all Matzterful
    (3 votes)
62 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will George Springer be activated from the IL this weekend?

This poll is closed

  • 45%
    Absolutely
    (29 votes)
  • 54%
    Sadly no
    (35 votes)
64 votes total Vote Now

We are glad you are here and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it’s “don’t be terrible,” but these days, it’s also, “please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus or vaccines.” If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don’t do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here. You can Adopt-a-Jay here, and here’s a helpful tutorial on how to post images in the comments.