Around The Nest is the weekly Toronto Blue Jays minor league podcast, hosted by Tyler Zickel of the Vancouver Canadians (high-A). On this episode, Zick is joined by Tyler Murray of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (double-A) and the travelling man Andrew Thriffiley of the Dunedin Blue Jays (low-A).
This week, we get an update from each level from low-A up to double-A and also ask each host whether they believe their team would possibly make the playoffs this year.
You can find Around The Nest on YouTube, Soundcloud, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Stitcher.
New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Kevin Vicuña starting to return to his natural position in the middle infield
- Jordan Groshans is getting a lot of opportunity at shortstop now and his arm and mobility are improving
- Vinny Capra’s return to double-A
- Veteran presents from Johnny Barbato
- The Weekly O Update: Orelvis Martinez’s promotion to high-A
- Remembering Vladimir Guerrero Jr.’s first double-A home run
- Players are really feeling the lack of a friendly home crowd at later innings
- Adam Kloffenstein, CJ van Eyk have had two of their best outings this week
- Phil Clarke is getting hot at the plate after coming back from injury
- Hayden Juenger’s professional debut
Dunedin Blue Jays
- Around The Nest is the highlight of Andrew Thriffiley’s week
- Orelvis Martinez left Dunedin on a high, named as player of the month
- Riley Tirotta starts his professional career on a three-game hitting streak and the debuts of Matt Svanson, Justin Kelly, and Harry Rutkowski
- Spotlight on Sen Robberse and Steward Berroa
- July 1 was the date that the Dunedin Blue Jays’ fortunes changed, team’s spirits are high