GameThread Game #110: Red Sox at Blue Jays

New, 674 comments
MLB: Game One-Boston Red Sox at Toronto Blue Jays Kevin Sousa-USA TODAY Sports

After today’s game, the next time the Blue Jays play, I will be there. Absolutely cannot wait.

But first, the Jays are going for the series win today. Please let it happen.

Here are today’s lineups. Bichette gets the day off.

Today's Lineups

RED SOX BLUE JAYS
Enrique Hernandez - CF George Springer - CF
Hunter Renfroe - RF Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
Xander Bogaerts - SS Marcus Semien - SS
Rafael Devers - 3B Teoscar Hernandez - RF
J.D. Martinez - DH Corey Dickerson - DH
Kevin Plawecki - C Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Bobby Dalbec - 1B Breyvic Valera - 2B
Jonathan Arauz - 2B Santiago Espinal - 3B
Jarren Duran - LF Reese McGuire - C
Garrett Richards - RHP Hyun Jin Ryu - LHP

Poll

How many runs will the Jays score off Richards?

This poll is closed

  • 5%
    0-1
    (3 votes)
  • 20%
    2-3
    (11 votes)
  • 47%
    4-5
    (25 votes)
  • 26%
    6+
    (14 votes)
53 votes total Vote Now

Poll

The latest inning Ryu will throw a pitch will be the:

This poll is closed

  • 9%
    first-third
    (5 votes)
  • 33%
    fourth or fifth
    (18 votes)
  • 31%
    sixth
    (17 votes)
  • 25%
    seventh or later
    (14 votes)
54 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many times will a Blue Jay wear the home run jacket today?

This poll is closed

  • 11%
    zero
    (6 votes)
  • 27%
    one
    (15 votes)
  • 42%
    two
    (23 votes)
  • 18%
    three or more
    (10 votes)
54 votes total Vote Now

We are glad you are here and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it’s “don’t be terrible,” but these days it’s also, “please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus or vaccines.” If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don’t do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here. You can Adopt-a-Jay here, and here’s a helpful tutorial on how to post images in the comments.