FanPost

Missing the Jays? Here's a fun baseball league while you wait!

With the Jays out of the playoffs, I thought it was a good time to see if anybody was interested in playing a unique baseball game. For those of you who have played OOTP or Road to the show, or have ever wanted to follow the career of your player from the minors to the majors, this league is for you.

The PBE is an awesome and unique OOTP league that is different than anything else you've played. Most sim leagues you're the GM - which, I admit, is cool. But here, in the PBE, you take control of a player. Your player. And no, you do not need OOTP or anything else to play. There is no cost to play, and you will never have to pay anything to play or improve your player.

In PBE you start off as a player in the minors, get drafted, and eventually make your way to the major leagues. You might even end up in the Hall of Fame one day!

While it's a fictional league, I couldn't resist naming my catcher Ernie Whitt, who won a minor league World Series. After I was called up to the majors I won a Gold Glove, a Silver Slugger and an MVP award. I'm most proud of the MVP. After all those years playing in the minors, getting called up, and finally having success - that's what I really enjoy about this league.

You can make your player your own. Want to be a high OBP 50+ SB threat? A closer who comes in for the 9th inning with the season on the line? The ace pitcher tapped for game 7? A DH looking to break the Home run record? Here's your chance.

In PBE is you do weekly tasks to make your player better. You get points for doing tasks, and you choose where to spend them. You can be a starter, a hitter or a reliever. Whether you're able to play casually, or you're all in, everybody can have a successful career.

We are a long running league currently in our 36th(!!) Season. Sims are done live on Twitch on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. This year we're introducing a new prospect league for all players who join and don't have a minor league team to start.

If you're interested, I can answer any questions in the comments. You can also check out the link below to join.

Thanks again Tom for letting me post.

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=15786