FanPost

Adopt-A-Jay 2022 - 4th Edition - My How Things have Changed

Minor Leaguer

Now that we've finally been given the word that Baseball Is Back (tm) we can go ahead and continue on with basebally thoughts, basebally discussions and basebally player picking, because we all know that something people love about baseball is picking things.

Historical editions, so you can check and see just how good your favorites have been:

2019 Edition - 2020 Edition - 2021 Edition

Welcome to 2022!

If you haven't seen this before, the idea is pretty simple. We all love following our team and players, but if you have a particular player you like cheering for, following, or wish you had hair that was like that, well, here's a list of them all and you can get to pick your favorite.

But, sadly, we don't have profile quotes to put them in anymore? What's up with that? That's a foul play, SBNation. Not only that, I don't see a FanPost section. Am I missing something? Will anyone see this? :(
(Edit: The reason there was no FanPost section is because no one had made one yet, so now there is, yay! Thanks for the promotion too!)

The "rules", such as they are:

1 - If your guy from last year is still part of the team and you enjoyed following them, you have first choice to do so again.

2 - If someone's got your pick, I'm sure some sort of agreement can be made, possibly involving drinking. Work it out! Make a trade or something!

Below is a list of players currently on the MLB Jays, as well as MiLB players that I remember existed. If someone isn't on the list, just say so, and I will add them.

Pitchers

SP Jose Berrios - Erik T
SP Kevin Gausman - Martin Barrett
SP Alek Manoah - Rickap
SP Hyun-Jin Ryu - EMK19
SP Yusei Kikuchi - JaysFanDL
SP/RP Ross Stripling - DangYouToHeck
SP/RP Trent Thornton - Minor Leaguer (held from 2021)
SP/RP Nate Pearson - Thom N (held from 2021)
SP/RP Anthony Kay - USER59876
SP/RP Thomas Hatch - RzepczynskiFanClub
CL Jordan Romano - Siefert
RP Julian Merryweather - J-74
RP Adam Cimber - BuntTriple
RP Trevor Richards -
RP Tim Mayza - Link Floyd
RP Ryan Borucki - Rico Cardi B (held from 2021)
RP Yimi Garcia - Belisarius
RP Taylor Saucedo - Sometimes a bot
RP Anthony Castro - not adopted, got traded
RP David Phelps - TimberLee
RP - Andrew Vasquez -
RP Kirby Snead - not adopted, got traded

Batters

C Danny Jansen - dexfarkin (held from 2021)
C Alejandro Kirk - zstam
C Zach Collins -
C Taylor Heineman -
C Reese McGuire - not adopted, got traded
1B Vlad Guerrero Jr - snowles
2B Cavan Biggio - MrSunday (held from 2021)
SS Bo Bichette -
3B Matt Chapman - THamelin
RF Teoscar Hernandez - TerryPlaysTheGameTheRightWay
CF George Springer - Kate (held from 2021)
LF Lourdes Gurriel Jr - yyzcalifornia (held from 2021)
OF Ramial Tapia -
OF Bradley Zimmer -
OF Vinny Capra -
OF Randal Grichuk - not adopted, got traded

OF Josh Palacios - not adopted, released
IF Santiago Espinal - Seeforman
IF Kevin Smith - DangYouToHeck
IF Otto Lopez - 15yearoldbaseballfanaticforthemoment

Minors

C Gabriel Moreno - ScurvyBird
3B Orevlis Martinez - radivel
SP Gunnar Hoglund - not adopted, got traded
SS Leo Jimenez - gabrielsyme
3B Jordan Groshans - hansdampf (held from 2021)
SP CJ Van Eyk
SP Ricky Tiedermann - Christopher Fung, who gave up on Bo for Ricky!
SS Rikelbin De Castro
SP Sem Robberse
SP Zach Logue - not adopted, got traded
SP Bowden Francis