clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

GameThread Game #90: AA/AAA/MLB Royals at Blue Jays

MLB: Philadelphia Phillies at Toronto Blue Jays Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

Just over half the Royals are in town, and they’ve brought some AA and AAA teammates with them.

If you haven’t read Stephanie Apstein’s piece over at SI about their lack of vaccinated players, it’s excellent:

George Springer has opted out of the All Star Game:

Here are tonight’s lineups, which have been shaken up. Vlad bats 2nd, Kirk 3rd and Bo 4th.

Today's Lineups

ROYALS BLUE JAYS
Edward Olivares - LF George Springer - CF
Bobby Witt - SS Vladimir Guerrero - 1B
Vinnie Pasquantino - DH Alejandro Kirk - DH
Emmanuel Rivera - 3B Bo Bichette - SS
Ryan O'Hearn - RF Teoscar Hernandez - RF
Nick Pratto - 1B Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Nate Eaton - CF Matt Chapman - 3B
Nicky Lopez - 2B Santiago Espinal - 2B
Sebastian Rivero - C Danny Jansen - C
Jackson Kowar - RHP Kevin Gausman - RHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 10%
    0
    (12 votes)
  • 8%
    1
    (10 votes)
  • 17%
    2
    (21 votes)
  • 21%
    3
    (25 votes)
  • 41%
    All 4!
    (49 votes)
117 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Kevin Gausman have a quality start in his return?

This poll is closed

  • 84%
    Heck yes
    (78 votes)
  • 15%
    Unfortunately not
    (14 votes)
92 votes total Vote Now

Poll

What is the greatest number of runs the Jays will score in a game this series?

This poll is closed

  • 13%
    0-3
    (12 votes)
  • 18%
    4-6
    (16 votes)
  • 29%
    7-8
    (26 votes)
  • 38%
    9+
    (34 votes)
88 votes total Vote Now

We are glad you are here and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it’s “don’t be terrible,” but these days, it’s also, “please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus or vaccines.” If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don’t do it in the thread. Email Tom instead, he would love to see an email that isn’t offering him money to promote a sports betting site. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here. And if the Jays taught us anything on Opening Day, it’s that they’re always still in it (so please, no “Game Over” comments until the game is actually over).