clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

GameThread Game #94: Blue Jays at Red Sox

MLB: New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox Paul Rutherford-USA TODAY Sports

After a brief hiatus, baseball is back. I hope the All Stars had fun All Starring here in LA.

Let’s finish strong and start with a W!

Here are tonight’s line ups. No Springer.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RED SOX
Raimel Tapia - CF Jarren Duran - CF
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B Rob Refsnyder - DH
Alejandro Kirk - DH Rafael Devers - 3B
Bo Bichette - SS Xander Bogaerts - SS
Teoscar Hernandez - RF Alex Verdugo - LF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Christian Vazquez - 1B
Matt Chapman - 3B Kevin Plawecki - C
Santiago Espinal - 2B Jackie Bradley - RF
Danny Jansen - C Jeter Downs - 2B
Kevin Gausman - RHP Nathan Eovaldi - RHP

Poll

Will the Blue Jays have a higher winning percentage in the second half than they did in the first?

This poll is closed

  • 97%
    You bet
    (80 votes)
  • 2%
    Sadly no
    (2 votes)
82 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 1%
    0
    (1 vote)
  • 2%
    1
    (2 votes)
  • 42%
    2
    (35 votes)
  • 54%
    All 3!
    (45 votes)
83 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Who will have the best start in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 16%
    Gausman
    (14 votes)
  • 76%
    Manoah
    (66 votes)
  • 6%
    Stripling
    (6 votes)
86 votes total Vote Now

We are glad you are here and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it’s “don’t be terrible,” but these days, it’s also, “please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus or vaccines.” If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don’t do it in the thread. Email Tom instead, he would love to see an email that isn’t offering him money to promote a sports betting site. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here. And if the Jays taught us anything on Opening Day, it’s that they’re always still in it (so please, no “Game Over” comments until the game is actually over).