clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

GameThread Game #82: Jays at A’s

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Oakland Athletics D. Ross Cameron-USA TODAY Sports

Hi Blue Jays. Can we win tonight? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Here are tonight’s lineups looking to put this losing streak behind them. Days off for Vladdy and Gurriel.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS ATHLETICS
George Springer - CF Nick Allen - 2B
Bo Bichette - SS Ramon Laureano - DH
Alejandro Kirk - DH Christian Bethancourt - 1B
Teoscar Hernandez - RF Sean Murphy - C
Cavan Biggio - 1B Stephen Piscotty - RF
Matt Chapman - 3B Elvis Andrus - SS
Raimel Tapia - LF Chad Pinder - LF
Santiago Espinal - 2B Sheldon Neuse - 3B
Gabriel Moreno - C Skye Bolt - CF
Yusei Kikuchi - LHP Adrian Martinez - RHP

Poll

Will a player from either team hit a triple tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 15%
    Yeah!
    (5 votes)
  • 84%
    Nah.
    (28 votes)
33 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Kikuchi have a quality start tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 27%
    You bet!
    (12 votes)
  • 72%
    Sadly no
    (31 votes)
43 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many runs will the Jays score tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 11%
    0-2
    (4 votes)
  • 69%
    3-5
    (25 votes)
  • 13%
    6-8
    (5 votes)
  • 5%
    9+
    (2 votes)
36 votes total Vote Now

We are glad you are here and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it’s “don’t be terrible,” but these days, it’s also, “please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus or vaccines.” If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don’t do it in the thread. Email Tom instead, he would love to see an email that isn’t offering him money to promote a sports betting site. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here. And if the Jays taught us anything on Opening Day, it’s that they’re always still in it (so please, no “Game Over” comments until the game is actually over).