clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Thursday Bantering: Banda to Open Tonight

Plus other Jays stuff.

MLB: Game One-Tampa Bay Rays at Toronto Blue Jays Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

The Jays are going to use lefty Anthony Banda as an opener tonight, with Casey Lawrence after. I’m ok with the idea, Lawrence won’t throw a complete game anyway, so having someone else pick up the first inning is ok by me.

Matt Peacock has been assigned to Buffalo.

The Jays have two prospects going to the Futures Game: Ricky Tiedemann (LHP) and Yosver Zulueta (RHP). Orelvis Martinez isn’t having a good season or he would be a good choice to go. He’s hitting .222/.292/.496 with 19 home runs for the Fisher Cats.

Saturday we will get to see Robbie Ray, with Alek Manoah pitching for the Jays.

If you are so inclined, there are a handful of Jays who would like you to vote for them for the All-Star game.

Today’s lineup. No George Springer. I’ve heard so many complaints about players being rested lately (it is so much fun to hear that our manager is an idiot for doing the same thing all teams are doing). And have heard them for the last 14 years (I had my 14th anniversary on the site this week, time flies) . It isn’t new, players get rested, it is a long season and load management is something all the teams worry about. Yes, Cal Ripken played every day. Yes, he slumped at the end of seasons, both offensively and defensively.

It is a late start tonight. 10:00 Eastern.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS MARINERS
Santiago Espinal - 2B Julio Rodriguez - CF
Bo Bichette - SS Ty France - DH
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B J.P. Crawford - SS
Alejandro Kirk - DH Carlos Santana - 1B
Teoscar Hernandez - RF Eugenio Suarez - 3B
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Cal Raleigh - C
Matt Chapman - 3B Adam Frazier - LF
Gabriel Moreno - C Abraham Toro - 2B
Bradley Zimmer - CF Dylan Moore - RF
Casey Lawrence - RHP Marco Gonzales - LHP