clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Off Topic: What is the worst Christmas song?

Christmas preparations in Central Java Photo by Dasril Roszandi/Anadolu via Getty Images

It isn’t very Christmasy here. We have no snow to speak of. It was +10 today. We are to get some snow over the next two days. The Jays are unwilling to give us any news to discuss, so let’s have a question.

What’s the worst Christmas song?

I’m still of the opinion that this is it:

I like reggae, but I have no feel for it, so I wouldn’t try to play it. And I wouldn’t try to do a Jamaican accent. There are rules. I like to sing and play with my guitars, but I stay away from forms of music that I have no feel for. I can look dumb in many ways. I don’t have to work at it.

Unfortunately, Bryan Adams doesn’t feel that way.

I do hate a lot of Christmas music. I like traditional Christmas music, done traditionally. When they try to modernize it, I’m against it.

And beyond that, I’m a bah-humbug type on any Christmas stuff before December 1. I finally put up my Christmas village yesterday.