clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Blue Jays Bring Back Kevin Kiermaier

Wild Card Series - Toronto Blue Jays v Minnesota Twins - Game One Photo by Stephen Maturen/Getty Images

I wasn’t expecting this, but the Jays have signed Kevin Kiermaier on a one-year contract worth $10.5 million.

Kiermaier hit .265/.322/.419 with 8 home runs and 14 steals (caught just once). He started hot and cooled as the season went on (though he finished well too), but along with the great defense, he put up a 3.9 bWAR.

It will be nice to have him back, but I’m hoping there will be a bat coming soon too. Some, on Twitter, are thinking this means they are out on a Cody Bellinger, but I don’t think that is necessarily true. They need four outfielders, Kiermaier isn’t an everyday player anymore, and they have an open DH spot.

Poll

Are you happy with this signing?

This poll is closed

  • 40%