clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Monday Bantering: Jays Stuff

MLB: JUN 02 Blue Jays at Mets Photo by Gregory Fisher/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

There isn’t much going on this morning, but I figured this was worth mentioning, babies are great:

Yesterday’s Umpire Scorecard. Unsurprisingly, the most impactful calls were the strike three calls on Brandon Belt. He didn’t get a single ball call wrong, mostly because the pitch had to miss the strike zone by a foot for him to call it a ball.

And this will not surprise you, this past week the ‘most favoured team’, by the umpires was the Yankees. Usually, the team that’s favoured is the team that is trailing. Generally, if a team is trailing by a few runs, the umpires will lean that way, sort of a human reaction. That wasn’t the case here.

MLB Power rankings. Jays sitting ninth:

Would you put a couple of bucks down on Kevin Gausman for Cy Young? I’m not a gambler, but I’d consider it (odds from Sportsbetting.ag). Bo Bichette has the sixth-best odds for AL MVP.