clock menu more-arrow no yes

Frivolities

HOT GIF: More On Last Night's Win

The Blues and The Greys

Adam Lind and Rajai Davis: Separated at Birth

On a surface level Adam Lind and Rajai Davis don't have a lot in common. However, if you are willing to ignore a lot of obvious differences they are essentially clones.

Blue Jays By The Numbers

The Toronto Blue Jays released their uniform number assignments for 2014. What will the newest Blue Jays be wearing? Who will change numbers?

Blue Jays teammates wearing #20 and #14

U.S. Mint will release a baseball mitt coin

Experimenting With Outfield Fences

The offseason is slow sometimes so here is a *fun* little thought experiment.

Thursday's Three Things - October 3

Not well thought out and quite frivolous.

Thursday's Three Things - September 19

Quite frivolous and not well thought out.

Thursday's Three Things - September 12

Not well thought out and quite frivolous.

Bud Black and unusual defensive moves

Tuesday night the Padres moved players around defensively 36 times. Ok maybe not that much, but multiple players played multiple positions yet Ronny Cedeno played an entire game at short stop.

Thursday's Three Things

This week's Thursday Three Things: Ryan Goins, J.P. Arencibia brings home 2 on a strikeout and Brandon Phillips barks at a writer.

Blue Jays & consecutive inning-ending double plays

Thursday's Three Things

66 vs 66 - Kawasaki and McFarland made history

When the Blue Jays’ Munenori Kawasaki stepped up to the plate against the Orioles’ T.J. McFarland on May 23, 2013, something that had never happened in the history of MLB occurred: a matchup between a pitcher and batter, both wearing #66.

Stanley Cup And Other Topics Open Thead

Open thread tonight as there is no game on tonight due to bad weather.

Blue Jays have won fewer games than pitchers used

Since April 2012, the Blue Jays have used 49 pitchers. Since April 2012, the Cincinnati Reds have used 19.

25-Man Roster by Categories

A quick look at the 2013 Opening Day 25-man roster by the numbers.

Today In Bluebird Banter History - March 6

Bluebird Banter takes a time machine ride back in time through the archives to see what was posted on this blog on this day every year from 2006 to 2012. This post was mostly written after Minor Leaguer took some slightly expired cough syrup.

New Blue Jays Uniform Number Assignments - Updated

Middle Names Of The 40-Man Roster

Off Topic Thread: What Are You Reading?

Give us some reading suggestions.

UPDATED: Henry Blanco Assigned #22

Record Readership In 2012

Dumb Gift Idea Of The Day

The mean writer at Bluebird Banter is back with a piece about Toronto Star columnist Raju Mudhar.

My Life As AA: Post Winter Meetings Report Update

What happens when you get a bunch of baseball bloggers to act as GMs for their teams? A lot apparently. Will it simulate reality or will it become a headache? One blogger's recap of events.

Some Words Of Wisdom

Hello friendly friends, it's been far too long since I kicked in with some written words. Let's see if I can figure out how to put them up on this fancy new web machine you've got here. Just when I was getting used to the old one you dang kids go and change it on me!

Blockbuster By The Numbers

A lot has been written about the blockbuster trade between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Miami Marlins. We look at it by the numbers.

Reissued Numbers

As a break from postseason player movements, Minor Leaguer takes a look at uniform numbers that have been assigned to multiple Blue Jays players within a single season.

Today In Bluebird Banter History + Poll!

Bluebird Banter takes a time machine ride back in time through the archives to see what was posted on this blog on this day every year from 2006 to 2011.

Fanshots

Most Recent